Thursday 1 August 2013

Seeing Pacific Rim one more time

a) I went to see Specific Spam or Pacific Rim or what ever it might be called back on July 17th and again today. Don't ask me what it's called, I don't need to remember. I was able to make out a little bit more of what was going on in the film piercing through the veil of duplicity between of the square jawed caucasian men chosen to play robot pilots. This time my mind was able to grab onto the situation of who I was looking at from time to time this time. Yes, I want to see a sequel.
b) This time I realised that while I thought that the lead character's brother was his twin brother played by the same actor, this was not actually so, I had forgotten by the end of the film that the lead character had an elder brother at the beginning of the movie who was played by man of similar colouring but looked different enough to differentiate between them and I recalled this time the face of the man playing the brother from the previous viewing.  However it is happening now in my's brain that the two actors' facess are merging into one again.
c) I still wonder though if when the lead actor has a fight with the young Australian man, if for some shots they had the actors switch clothes just to confuse the audience for milliseconds. 
d) When the lead actor wears his robot piloting helmet, his features become slightly distorted by the glass and it is then that his face for various seconds reminded me of Tom Wopat from the Dukes of Hazard TV series

Rinko Kikuchi in Pacific Rim

No comments:

Post a Comment