Wednesday 14 August 2013

"Only God Forgives" but forgive me if I spell God as Fog or something

  1. I went to see Only God Forgives and may not have a lot to say about the fact . Often stylish, bloody and often mesmerising
  2. Yes, I sat through it and in certain scenes where the main character was wondering through those decorated corridors, I wondered if people dressed as Laura Palmer or The Little Man From Another Place or the Mystery Man was going to suddenly make an appearance. It was almost on the verge of being abominable in that way. Obviously not one to recommend to David Lynch.
  3. Almost interesting to watch once but never again
  4. Probably further down the line in years to come there may well be more to say about Only God Forgives when the film maker has more movies
  5. Looking too closely at it today it might be too easy to tear it apart, but thankfully this movie was set in Bangkok in Thailand which helped its intended oddness
  6. The cast seemed quite good though. I hadn't seen Kristen Scott Thomas in a film in a good long while so I was glad to see her in this even if I may as well say she was misused
  7. I thought the actor Vithaya Pansringarm who played the the police chief or whatever he was, or Chang, reminded me of the Shin'ya Tsukamoto the director/actor.. I don't know what to make of the movie's ending really and maybe it's best to make nothing out of it. 
  8.  Very glad that to have seen this film but maybe not as glad as that
  9. What's the next piece of arty codswallop to come?

      

No comments:

Post a Comment