Thursday 2 May 2013

Evil Dead

1) I headed off to central London, my questions was about whether I would get there in time to see the Evil Dead remake or will he suddenly get there and wonder why on Earth he'd want to see that film.

2) Yes, it was a complete waste of my time, and had I got my dates correct, there was somewhere interesting that I could have been instead of watching this movie


2) I must have been in dire need to see how my time could be wasted if ever there was a way. To all those people who adored Evil Dead remake, I hope you had fun watching it but it's not something I could appreciate

3) Well I am not sure what one is supposed to appreciate about the movie. It was totally lost on me as I sat there. It was a day for me to be out of sync with a few things today.

4) Well I am not sure what one is supposed to appreciate about the movie. It was totally lost on me as I sat there. It was a day for me to be out of sync with a few things today. 

5) well, I suppose that's where it started to get disinteresting. I hoped for some backstory that might make some sense and really I didn't find one that interested me 

6) Spoilers A week later May 12th, I expand on my experiences of the movie including spoilers. Minutes into the movie, the possessed girl found herself tied to a wooden post about the be set fire to, and then suddenly there was a moment when used CGI as she mocked her father, and this for me was the end of this film, there couldn't be anything interesting about it once they showed CGI being used like this. The girl possessed at the beginning and the main girl possessed through the film seemed like second rate The Exorcist style possessions. I really wasn't going to have any fun with this. A dog is soon terminally injured and somehow transforms into a stiff corpse like thing long before it had died.

I felt more horror about humans stuck in such a filthy place than I did about what was going on, I had given up on it. I felt awful for which ever film actors they were who had all the fluid mixed with food covering them when they were being vomited on by the demon. 

The actors were actually giving fine performances considering the nature of this movie but they were not going as far as to be that interesting and the scenario that they had going amongst themselves regarding one girl giving up cocaine or whatever it was and she needed the help to go cold turkey during the weekend really didn't interest me.

At the end, one of the boys builds a makeshift defibrillator machine to restart the heart of a girl once her body had died and the demon has dead. This is another thing that suddenly lost my interest that the boy could make a complicated piece of equipment like that in the movie so easily and have it be so effective. 

There was the irritating fact he had to go back into the house and be injured by a zombified fellow of his, the makeup just made it all irrelevant and of course his injury meant that he would be infected by the dark demon which meant he had to commit suicide. Anyone could find themselves possessed in this movie and bound to commit some sort of act of self destruction. The idea that all it took to summon the demon and cause such destruction was to utter some of the words from the book found in the hut disinterested me as well. So, what else should I expect to see to make the summonations valid. Maybe I preferred the idea of a cassette recording being found with some strange chanting, I might have assumed that the recording caught the essence of a ritual sacrifice that was taking place at the time.

The girl appeared to be involved in a fight with the physical embodiment of the demonic spirit, I couldn't work out whether the latter was supposed to be the same actress as the living girl. Later she had her hand caught under the car when it was tipped over and when she pulled her arm away leaving her hand behind, the skin looked more like latex rubber to me as it was being pulled.

There is a whole film for me to have to point out details about why I didn't like the scenes and I can not be bothered to feel responsible for all of these various facts and point out what they are to other people. It would exhaust me and I doubt that I am going to be able to point out to people the relevance of any of these thoughts.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment