Wednesday 25 March 2009

Images and impressions for Wednesday evening on my journey home

  • In Borders bookshop, I envision a cheesewire stretched across from one side of the escalator to the other that would slice who ever came up the escalator in half, and I experienced the idea of every surface being as hot enough to burn one's skin if one touched anything. I wondered what sort of monster was manifesting it's way into my psyche.
  • On the train home, a man sat opposite me on the train and he was leaning forwards to a great degree, he was either Pakistani or Indian, but I watched impressions of cuts appearing in the side of his face as if something was slicing through it and blood trailing off behind him into the air. I watched him intensely working on his Sudoku puzzles with their grid patterns, which I imagined turning into wire grids slicing through his face. I started to see elongated fingers reaching out, almost as if they were mine but transforming into something else's, maybe like extra-terrestrial fingers, touching his face and burning into the flesh, it would begin to melt and as the fingers were pulled away, they left smoking small pits that would add to his acne scars ( a couple of weeks ago, I watched Gran Torino in which a boy had a burning cigarette stuck into his face) and then I imagined myself hiding my face behind a single hand as if I thought that no one could see me if I did this, as if it would make any difference at all and it was as if my head were turning into the head of the man sitting opposite me, I was becoming him.
  • Afterwards he sat back started working on something on his mobile phone/mini hand held computer, and I watched the image glowing small green fish or worm wriggling away between his eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment