Monday 23 February 2009

my humble opinion about “Dali & I”




My humble opinion on the proposed movie “Dali & I” based on the book by Stan Lauryssens which incidentally I have not read.

I took the mockup film poster featuring Al Pacino transformed into a Salvador Dali, and replaced it with Stan Lauryssen’s face as shown on a copy of his book, complete with the drawn on “Dali moustache”, and replaced his mouth with the anus of a dog that didn’t look that different anyway, and then added a hand that held a cigar but replaced that with a piece of dog excrement, adding steam that transforms into dollar signs that transform into the “I” in “Dali & I”. The only other thing that I would have done is to make the dog excrement silver because of an association I made through misreading the words “hit the silver screen”, I envisaged silver shit for the big screen .

(created as a visual response to a discussion at CollectDali discussion group at yahoogroups.com)

If and when the movie is released, I am sure that the only thing that will get me to see the movie is to see Al Pacino doing an impression of Salvador Dali, but my point of view about that starts to drift off into derelict passageways of thought about am I going to see Pacino playing Dali or am I going to see Pacino playing Dali as if Dali were pretending to be Pacino, and then the next level beyond this is the question "Am I going to see Al Pacino playing Salvador Dali playing Al Pacino playing Salvador Dali playing Al Pacino playing Salvador Dali playing Al Pacino playing Salvador Dali playing Al Pacino playing Salvador Dali playing Al Pacino playing Salvador Dali playing Al Pacino playing Salvador Dali playing Al Pacino playing Salvador Dali playing Al Pacino playing Salvador Dali playing Al Pacino playing Salvador Dali playing Al Pacino playing Salvador Dali playing.... ? "

No comments:

Post a Comment